Welcome to a collection of images that are based on my experiences on the island of Kauai in Hawaii.
It is my belief That art is life as life is art. To a large degree both are what we make of them. Having chosen to take a positive approach to both I have found both beauty and happiness. These life elements have been instilled into my art.
Originally I was from the suburbs of Chicago. I went to Crystal Lake High school and later to Mc henry county college where I took my first painting class. It was an experience that forever changed my life.
Eventually I went to northern illinois university where i received a b.f.a. in painting and a m.a. in drawing.
After college i moved to washington state which has been my primary residence ever since.
Over the years I,ve made a lot of art complete with awards, commissions and shows. Rather then dwell in the past i prefer to focus on recent work while moving into the future with creativity and optimism. A complete list of achievements is available upon request.
My recent work has been done in three mediums; soft pastels, acrylic paintings and digital. The focus of this work has been my experiences on the island of Kauai in Hawaii.for a more complete overview of the imagery and background documentation visit www.beach.artistwebsites.com www.kauaieye.blogspot.com www.ieyekauai.blogspot.com and last but not least www.timesecho.blogspot.com . Mahalo for your interest. I hope you enjoy the art.
Bienvenue à une collection d'images qui sont basés sur mes expériences sur l'île de Kauai à Hawaii.
Il est ma conviction que l'art est la vie comme la vie est l'art. Dans une large mesure les deux sont ce que nous en faisons. Ayant choisi d'adopter une approche positive à la fois, je l'ai trouvé à la fois la beauté et le bonheur. Ces éléments de la vie ont été instillé dans mon art.
Au départ, je suis de la banlieue de Chicago. Je suis allé à Crystal Lake Haute école et plus tard à Mc Henry County collège où je pris mon premier cours de peinture. Ce fut une expérience qui a changé ma vie pour toujours.
Finalement, je suis allé vers le nord de l'université de l'Illinois où je reçu un BFA dans la peinture et un M.A. dans le dessin.
Après le collège, je me suis déplacé à l'État de Washington qui a été ma résidence principale depuis.
Au fil des années, je, ai fait beaucoup de l'art avec des prix, des commissions et des spectacles. Plutôt que de demeurer dans le passé, je préfère me concentrer sur les travaux récents tout en se déplaçant vers l'avenir avec la créativité et l'optimisme. Une liste complète des réalisations est disponible sur demande.
Mon travail récent a été fait en trois médiums; pastels, peintures acryliques et numérique. L'objectif de ce travail a été de mes expériences sur l'île de Kauai dans Hawaii.for un aperçu plus complet de l'imagerie et de documentation de base visite www.beach.artistwebsites.com www.kauaieye.blogspot.com www.ieyekauai.blogspot.com et le dernier mais non le moindre www.timesecho.blogspot.com. Mahalo pour votre intérêt. Je vous souhaite l'art.
- Surrounded by a Spectral Sea Kenneth Grzesik's Page|
The title "Kauluwela Moku" is derived from two Hawaiian words. Two of the meanings of Kauluwela are glowing and colorful. Moku means island. In combination they mean glowing colorful island. The series of images is an exploration of color. The title "Kauluwela Moku" is derived from two Hawaiian words. Some of the meanings of Kauluwela are glowing a...
- The Story of the Hula Kenneth Grzesik's Page|
Taken from "Hula! New, Easy Self-Teaching Method" by Scotty Guletz (South Sea Scotty) 1956 "What is the story of the hula as it is danced today? The hula is the Hawaiian folk dance. Hula is fun! Every movement and motion has a meaning of it's own, ... Everyone will tell you the hula is a dance of the hands! But, lovely brown maidens everywhere are ...
- How Hawaii Was Made Safe (Part 4) Kenneth Grzesik's Page|
The final segment in the legend of the goddess Hi'iaka and her companions. Now the trail was even harder to follow than before for the storm had uprooted trees and scattered vines. Tired and hot, the young women suddenly found themselves at the top of a cliff overlooking the sea. "Here the trail is broken," the serving women said. "Part has fallen ...
- How Hawaii Was Made Safe (part 3) Kenneth Grzesik's Page|
Hi'iaka and her companions face Pana'ewa the great mo'o of the forest. "What danger?" asked Hi'iaka. "Shall we trip on vines or fallen logs?" "Must we wade rocky streams?" "This beautiful forest belongs to Pana'ewa the great mo'o." The girls looked anxiously toward the forest and voices were full of fear. "If anyone dares to enter, the servants of ...
- How Hawaii Was Made Safe (part 2) Kenneth Grzesik's Page|
A continuation of the legend of Hi'iaka and her quest to rid the island of Hawaii from the evil beings that ruled the island. "Alone?" asked Hi'iaka again. "It is no fun to talk to my shadow. It doesen't answer. Then Pele called her own serving woman. "Go with my sister," she commanded and turned again to tend her fires. The two journeyed. Hi'iaka ...
- How Hawaii Was Made Safe (part one) Kenneth Grzesik's Page|
From "Pele and Hi'iaka" by Emerson "Legends of the Volcanoes" by Westervelt Collected or suggested by Mary Kawena Pukui Retold by Caroline Curtis in "Pikoi and Other Legends of the Island of Hawaii" published by Kamahameha Schools in 1949. Hi'iaka was Pele's younger sister. She was beautiful and brave and Pele loved her dearly. But Hi'iaka was diff...
- I just created a new domain name for my website where a personal vision of art is presented in the spirit of aloha. The domain name www.IkeAloha.com is a combination of two Hawaiian words. The first is ike. According to The Hawaiian Dictionary on www.wehewehe.org it is a word of many meanings. Here are some of them. 1. nvt . To see, know, feel, gre...|
- From a remote Anahola studio in Kauai, Hawaii comes vivid pastel images inspired by life experiences on a beautiful island. Over the next few weeks I will be adding new images to my gallery. These were created between the years 2000 and 2004. Many of these works are available for the first time. I would advise checking back often as the addition of...|
- For the next several weeks I will be downloading freshly edited imagery onto my ArtsCad portfolio. The concept is to go beyond the purely representational into a realm of visual expression where photography adopts the qualities of fine painting. Concept, composition, color and texture are digitally fused to produce new and unique visual experiences...|
- IMAGES FROM THE GREEN SHACK I've recently re-edited and I am currently downloading images from "the green shack period" onto my ArtsCad gallery. These are soft pastels and a few paintings that were created during a four year period when I spent a good deal of time living and making art in a small green shack. It is located on the property of a frie...|